Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hair.

Last June, a man contacted me via Witchvox.com. He said he needed help.

This is the first such request I've had from a stranger.

This is his story:

When he was 13 or 14, he attended a summer camp. One of his bunkmates claimed to practice magick. The guy said, "If you're really a magician, kill me."

The kid replied, "I can't do that, but I can cast a spell that will make your wife's hair fall out." Then, the kid claimed he had done so.

Fifteen years later, the guy married a lovely woman.

Immediately after their marriage, she developed a rare disease that makes a woman's hair fall out.

Coincidence? Maybe. But I don't really believe in coincidence.

He said he'd forgotten all about that nasty curse until one night, he awoke from a dead sleep with the memory ringing in his head. That's when he got on witchvox.com and found me.

I don't know why he picked me. Maybe because I have such a nice picture up there. Maybe it's because I use my real name and don't go by Lady Rainbow or something. (No offense, Lady Rainbow...but my Mom gave me my name and I happen to like it.) Or maybe I can really help.

I stayed up until two in the morning burning red candles and reciting some psalm. I don't remember which one, now. I figured a Yahweh thing would be better, as the couple is Jewish.

When one of the candle holders spontaneously shattered, I was startled awake (I fall asleep while spell working). It struck me that the curse was broken.

I drew a rune on this and the answer was "One Year--don't expect quick results." I told the guy it would probably be a year before anything would happen.

Six months later, she still doesn't have hair.

I would like to continue investigating this.

No comments: