Friday, November 28, 2008

Readings and True Blood

Ugh.

It was the least successful Tarot readings since I read for the Romanian Gypsy woman at the Bowery Poetry Club.  She said nothing I said was accurate, but I think she was lying to me.  Or else I was just nervous.  We were doing a fundraiser for a scholarship in the name of her daughter who put a gun to her own head a year ago.  Reading Tarot for a Romanian Gypsy woman mourning her dead daughter.  That was a hard reading.  I still think I got more right than she admitted to.  

Anyway, read for the woman from Knoxville and I think I rushed it.  Maybe my ego got too high because people have been talking up my readings so much in the last year.  She contacted me out of nowhere saying she heard I gave "awesome" readings.  I think I started assuming too much.  Instead of saying, "You've got a lot of conflict on the job..." it's better to say, "It says there's a lot of conflict in either the home or work region.  What's that about?"  Because sometimes the home and work region are the same, and people aren't prone to elaborate on their situation when given a yes or no question.  They'll just say no.  

Sometimes, we read things just before they happen, anyway.  

I'm watching HBO on demand--the first episodes of True Blood, which I've never seen before.  My gothy friends love it.  It's a good show!  I love New Orleans and I like fictional vampires.  People who call themselves vampires just annoy me.  

Anyway, the main character is named Sookie and she can hear people's thoughts.  I remember when I had that issue.  It makes you dizzy and you forget the person didn't actually say it.  It's gotten me in trouble before because often I respond to it and it usually isn't appropriate.  Plus, sometimes it's hard to discern whether a person is actually thinking that or if it's your own insecure mind making you think people are thinking crazy things about you.  My therapist broke me of that habit, so I started discrediting anything I hear people think.  It's easier anyway, to save that stuff for readings.  

Many new witches in our group call me struggling with suddenly able to do such a think after having their centers open.  One of the first things we teach witches to do is to close that on command.  Hearing people's thoughts may be fun, but it sure isn't productive.

No comments: