Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Goody. Goody. Gumdrops.......

I set my alarm this morning for 7:15--plenty of time to get to the dentist before work....but OOPS!!! Set it for 7:15 P.M. and woke up at 9:05--furious, but refreshed.

FEED was a fun event. Reading cards in clubs is very, very hard and I've a tendency to be a flaming bitch. I kept it pretty well in check last night until some dude came over and said, "Are you a psychic or a Tarot reader?" When I replied it depended on the situation he said, "Look at me. What can you see about me? Tell me what you know about me just by looking at me."

A strange voice erupted from the throat I know as mine: "I DON'T PLAY 'TEST THE PSYCHIC.'"

He apologized. In fact, he was one of those guys who doesn't just apologize and walk away, but apologizes and explains his apology and finishes the apology with a story about his mother, his grandmother, their spiritual gifts, his relationship with God, his respect for people like me "even though" we "worship the Devil" and threw in a story of how a psychic ran up to him in a shopping mall and told him things she had no way of knowing about his life and got him to come in and buy a reading from her. Had I, he wondered, ever had experiences like that?

"Yes," I said. "But not tonight."

He left to make a phone call and didn't come back, apologizing once more as he truly had no intention of playing "Test the Psychic." I should have charged him ten dollars anyway, but in the end, it's really not about the money.

I think I'm cranky today.

No comments: